- Reduce the resort to military force by reviewing and proposing changes to Canada’s contribution to international peace and security
- Promote peace in the Horn of Africa through strengthening government and civil society responses to sources of insecurity
- Work with civil society in the Caribbean to control and reduce gun violence and its impact on local communities
Our Recent Initiatives
- Held 35th anniversary event in Waterloo, featuring Samantha Nutt as keynote speaker. The event attracted more than 450 people.
- Completed analysis of Canada First Defence Strategy procurement capital spending.
- Completed background research on 2009/2010 comparative budget figures for DND, DFAIT, and CIDA.
- Delivered speech “Canada and the Art of War” in Nelson, B.C. for the Mir Peace Centre.
- Hosted the Just Peacemaking symposium in Waterloo, which brought together 30 church leaders.
photo: Martine Perret/UN