No employment opportunities at this time.
Project Ploughshares Peace and Human Security Intern and Project Ploughshares Peace and Technology Intern
Position Type: Part-time (4 days/32 hours a week for 8 weeks)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Starting date: flexible (starting between June 3 and July 8, 2019)
Project Ploughshares is seeking two part-time summer positions – Peace and Human Security Intern and Peace and Technology Intern – to join its staff team and contribute to the planning and implementation of strategies and programs that advance the mandate and objectives of Project Ploughshares. Duties will generally include:
- prepare research summaries and fact sheets related to particular issues;
- assist in preparation of briefs and reports;
- assist in communication and engagement initiatives;
- take part in policy discussions.
Both positions report to the Director of Operations and will also be supervised and mentored by a Project Ploughshares Program Officer.
- post-secondary education preferably in a related field (international studies, political science, security studies, public policy, international development, history, peace and conflict studies);
- a strong interest in peace issues, and support for the mission and work of Project Ploughshares;
- excellent oral and written communication skills (English);
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- experience in research, writing, and policy analysis;
- demonstrated ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
To be eligible, as per Canada Summer Jobs requirements, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Application procedure and deadline:
Submit letter and resume, and a writing sample including names, addresses, and telephone numbers (indicating home or business) of three references by noon Tuesday, May 21, 2019 to:
Director of Operations
140 Westmount Road North, Waterloo ON N2L 3G6
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.