Project Ploughshares Communications Assistant
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities for all vacancies. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Position Type: 4 days/32 hours a week for 10 weeks
Location: Waterloo, Ontario (position will be conducted remotely)
Starting date: June 13, 2022
End date: August 19, 2022
Application deadline: June 6, 2022
Project Ploughshares is seeking a summer position (official job title: Multimedia Author) to join its staff team and contribute to the planning and implementation of strategies and programs that advance the mandate and objectives of Project Ploughshares. The internship will be conducted remotely.
Duties will generally include:
- help to create an integrated marketing, media, and communication strategy for non-profit;
- develop and help to implement social media strategies to increase supporters and donations;
- conceptualize, design and create multimedia content (videos, slideshows, infographics, etc.);
- create/source new graphics to support email, web, and social media-based communication initiatives.
- post-secondary education preferably in a related field (web design, graphic design);
- strong interest in peace issues, and support for the mission and work of Project Ploughshares;
- excellent oral and written communication skills (English);
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- demonstrated ability to show creativity and innovative ideas for digital communications.
The position reports to the Director of Operations and will also be supervised and mentored by the Communications Officer.
To be eligible, as per Canada Summer Jobs requirements, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Application procedure and deadline:
Submit letter and resume, including names, addresses, and telephone numbers (indicating home or business) of three references by Monday, June 6, 2022 to:
Director of Operations
140 Westmount Road North, Waterloo ON N2L 3G6
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.