No employment opportunities at this time.
Project Ploughshares Peace Researcher
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities for all vacancies. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Position Type: Part-time (4 days/32 hours a week for 8 weeks)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Starting date: Flexible (starting between June 8 and July 6, 2020)
End date: August 28, 2020
Project Ploughshares is seeking two part-time summer positions – Peace Researchers – to join its staff team and contribute to the planning and implementation of strategies and programs that advance the mandate and objectives of Project Ploughshares. In compliance with Public Health recommendations, the internships will be conducted remotely. Duties will generally include:
- prepare research summaries and fact sheets related to particular issues;
- assist in preparation of briefs and reports;
- assist in communication and engagement initiatives;
- take part in policy discussions.
Both positions report to the Director of Operations and will also be supervised and mentored by a Project Ploughshares Senior Researcher.
- post-secondary education preferably in a related field (international studies, political science, security studies, public policy, international development, history, peace and conflict studies);
- a strong interest in peace issues, and support for the mission and work of Project Ploughshares;
- excellent oral and written communication skills (English);
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- experience in research, writing, and policy analysis;
- demonstrated ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
To be eligible, as per Canada Summer Jobs requirements, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Application procedure and deadline:
Submit letter and resume, and a writing sample including names, addresses, and telephone numbers (indicating home or business) of three references by noon Friday, May 29, 2020 to:
Director of Operations
140 Westmount Road North, Waterloo ON N2L 3G6
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.