We rely on individual donors to fund most of our day-to-day activities and provide us with a secure basis for planning, thereby ensuring we are not beholden to political interests. Your donation means Project Ploughshares can remain an uncompromising voice on disarmament and arms control.
Check out the different ways you can give below.
For any questions or to donate by telephone please call Julia Bandura at 1-519-888-6541.
- Make a onetime gift and receive a receipt right away.
- Make a donation on behalf of someone and send them an electronic card acknowledging the gift. (We have multiple images to allow you to personalize the eCard, plus you write your own message!)
- Monthly giving provides a consistent and reliable source of funding, allowing us to budget based on stable and secure commitments.
- Your pre-authorized donations will be deducted directly from your bank or credit card account each month, and you will be receive a single tax receipt for all of your monthly donations from the previous year each February.
- A legacy gift is a way of perpetuating your support for Project Ploughshares into the future.
- If you own publicly traded securities or mutual funds that have increased in value, consider donating the securities directly to Project Ploughshares.
Donating assets like stocks, mutual funds, or ETFs can be better than using cash. This is because the capital gain on a security that is donated to a charity is not subject to tax. The donation receipt is issued for the market value of the investments, with the same tax savings as giving cash, but capital gains tax can be avoided.